- ½ ounce dried kombu
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 umeboshi plums
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup
- Tamari to taste
- Boil kombu in 6 cups water for one hour.
- Remove from water and reserve broth.
- Cut kombu into ¼ inch strips.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute kombu for three minutes.
- Add umeboshi plums and ginger and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add 2/3 cup kombu broth, rice syrup, and soy sauce to taste.
- Simmer, covered, over a low flame for a few minutes to blend flavors.
Share this Recipe
Leave A Comment